If you’re hosting this year or simply bringing a dish to share with your friends and family, we have the perfect Christmas recipe to delight this festive season.
While some Christmas dishes will have you working over a hot stove for hours on end, a baked camembert cob loaf is as simple as it is delicious. Trust us, it’s the ultimate people-pleaser!
This moreish baked camembert cob loaf was created by Foodie Ling; adorned with piquant cranberries, gorgeous pistachios and a final lavish drizzle of local honey, it is full to the brim of fantastic Christmas flavours.
1 cob loaf of choice (this recipe uses a Sourdough cob loaf)
1 Paris Creek Farms Bio-dynamic Triple Cream Camembert 280g
1/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
A handful of chopped pistachios
1 tbsp melted butter
Honey to drizzle
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180 degrees.
- Using a small serrated knife, cut a hole in the top of the cob loaf just big enough for the cheese to sit in. Do not cut all the way down through the loaf.
- Remove some of the inner of the loaf so the cheese will fit snugly into it. Save this excess bread for croutons.
- Use the knife to make cuts approximately 1 inch apart around the rest of the loaf. Only cut three-quarters of the way down; do not cut through to the bottom.
- Brush the melted butter onto the bread between each sliced piece on the sides and over the top crust of the loaf, creating a nice gloss.
- Unwrap the cheese and place it in the hole in the bread. Using a small knife, gently cut off the top skin of the cheese.
- Arrange the cranberries on top of the cheese and transfer the loaf onto a baking tray. Bake in the oven for 20 minutes until the cheese is melted and gooey and the bread is lightly toasted.
- Remove the loaf from the oven and top with chopped pistachios, and finish with a drizzle of honey. Serve while warm.
If you’d like to try mixing up the flavours, here are some other mouth-watering ideas:
- Walnut & fig
- Garlic & rosemary
- Pecan & maple
- Apricot & honey
- Chilli, honey & thyme
Try out this recipe and watch as your guests’ eyes glimmer with anticipation as you bring it to the table – we’d be surprised if there are any leftovers!
On the hunt for more festive recipes to try this Christmas? If so, you may enjoy these:
Decadent and Delicious Frozen Christmas Pudding Recipe
6 Easy Yet Extravagant Christmas Desserts to Try This Festive Season
Festive Triple Cream Brie Wreath
Paris Creek Farms’ range of indulgent 100% organic cheeses are made in the pristine Adelaide Hills using milk from carbon neutral dairy farms. Find your nearest retailer today to pick up a wheel for your Christmas baking needs!