Image via Foodie Ling
Christmas is the time for indulging in our favourite foods! Diving into our most beloved meals, prepped with all the trimmings and sampling one, two or even three showstopper desserts… after all, we mustn’t miss out on trying every one of them!
However, after a delicious and merry Christmas lunch or dinner, some of us might look for something a little lighter, especially when you’re dining at your third Christmas lunch of the season! So, why not create something that’s equally as tempting whilst remaining on the lighter side?
Foodie Ling has created just that! Feeling like a dessert on the lighter side, she used the thick and creamy Paris Creek Farms Organic Greek Style Vanilla Yogurt to create this delicious frozen yogurt Christmas pudding that’s perfect for the hot Australian climate over Christmas. And the added bonus? It’s super simple to make ahead of time and leave in the freezer until Christmas!
Image via Foodie Ling
FROZEN YOGURT CHRISTMAS PUDDING
Recipe via Foodie Ling
Makes 8 ramekins or 1 pudding bowl (approx. 1.6L size)
1 kg Paris Creek Farms Organic Greek Style Vanilla Yogurt
1 cup dried fruit mix – pre-soak in brandy overnight
1 cup chopped strawberries
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1 tsp cinnamon powder
1/4 cup chopped nuts (optional)
2 tbsp honey (optional)
- Soak the dried fruit mix in brandy and leave it for at least 24 hours. Pour just enough brandy to cover the mixed fruit. If you want this to be more child-friendly, omit the soaking part. Just add the dried fruit in.
- Pour all the ingredients into a large bowl and mix until well combined, especially the honey. You may also use any other syrup if preferred. I personally don’t like things too sweet, so I didn’t add honey.
- Once mixed well pour into pudding bowl or divide evenly to 8 ramekins and cover with lid or cling wrap. Place in freezer for at least 6 hours.
- When serving, remove from freezer and use a small knife to run along the edges to separate the pudding from the bowl. Dip the base of the ramekin or bowl in some warm water to loosen the pudding. Turn the bowl/ramekin upside down onto a plate and it should come out nicely.
- Garnish with fresh berries or cherries and some chocolate sauce or even ice magic! Enjoy!
Are you looking for some festive recipe inspiration to enjoy your delicious organic dairy products? If so, you might like some of our other articles:
Italian Ricotta and Quark Cheesecake Recipe
Homemade Labneh Made in 3 Easy Steps Using Greek Style Yoghurt