Planning your next dinner party? Looking for a knock-out recipe that’s easy to make as well as being incredibly delicious? A tart combines the best of both worlds (if you’re using store-bought pastry…if you’re making your own – we salute you!), as they can be pretty easy to pull together and certainly bring an undeniable “wow” factor to the table and your taste buds too.
Individually portioned dishes can be a lifesaver when you have guests over, especially if you’re making a tart – we adore tarts, but they can be a bit tricky to chop up and serve without making a mess!
These perfectly portioned Mushroom and Brie tarts come from Foodie Ling, and make wonderful appetisers.
Mushroom and Brie Tart Recipe
Ingredients (makes 8 tarts):
2 sheets shortcrust pastry
300g mushrooms, sliced
2 tbsp oil
280g Triple Cream Brie
1 sprig of thyme
Cracked black pepper, to season
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180 degrees.
- Grease or line a muffin tray.
- Heat the oil in a pan and sauté the mushrooms with a sprig of thyme. Season with cracked black pepper. Set aside when cooked.
- Cut the brie into slices and evenly divide for the 8 tarts.
- Cut each pastry sheet into quarters and mould into the greased or lined muffin tray to form tart cases.
- Use a fork to gently poke holes in the tart base so it doesn’t rise.
- Bake the empty tart cases in the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove the tart cases from the oven. Place brie slices into the tart cases and top with mushroom mixture.
- Place the tray back into the oven and bake for a further 10 minutes or until the pastry is golden brown.
- Remove the tray from the oven, wait to cool slightly and then carefully remove the tarts.
- Garnish the tarts with a sprinkle of thyme and serve.
At Paris Creek Farms, we love baking, and using high-quality ingredients makes such a difference to the flavour of a dish. Our 100% organic dairy products are made in the Adelaide Hills without any chemical nasties, using milk from carbon neutral dairy farms. Explore our range of organic dairy products here, or find your nearest retailer to stock up on what you need for your next baking day.
Looking for more yummy recipe ideas? Check out the recipe section on our website!