If you’re a fan of baking, a robustly flavoured tart is a must-have for your culinary repertoire. Coming in as many different shapes, sizes and flavours as you can think of, tarts make for a show-stopping centrepiece when entertaining friends and family.
And, while we’ll take a slice of a sweetly flavoured tart any day of the week, there’s something so deliciously tempting about the combination of that delicate, crisp pastry with decadent savoury notes…especially when it involves a luscious Triple Cream Brie.
Caramelised Onion, Apple & Brie Tart Recipe
1 onion, thinly sliced
1 tbsp oil
1/2 a wheel of Triple Cream Brie (approx. 140g)
1 sheet frozen puff pastry
2 tbsp cranberry sauce (optional)
1 egg, beaten for eggwash
- Preheat a fan-forced oven to 180 degrees.
- Heat oil in a small pan and sauté onions until they are caramelised. Set onions aside to cool.
- Cut a puff pastry sheet in half, forming 2 rectangle strips.
- Place puff pastry strips on a lined baking tray and bake for 15 minutes.
- Peel the apple and slice thinly.
- Cut the brie into slices.
- When the pastry is part baked, remove from the oven and gently press down the middle to create a shallow well.
- Spoon caramelised onion into the middle of the pastry, dividing the mixture between both sheets.
- Spread the onion evenly and top with slices of apples, brie and small spoons of cranberry sauce for extra flavour.
- Brush the pastry with the beaten egg so it will brown beautifully.
- Place the two tarts back into the oven and bake for a further 15 minutes or until the cheese is melted and the pastry is golden brown.
If you have a love for all things baking, we have a website full of delicious recipes to try! Here are a few you might enjoy:
At Paris Creek Farms, we do things a little bit differently…and the results speak for themselves! Our indulgent Bio-Dynamic Triple Cream Brie is 100% organic and is made without any chemical nasties, using milk from carbon neutral dairy farms. Find your nearest retailer using our handy website tool to pick up a wheel for your next baking day, or to feature proudly on your cheeseboard!