We all love Greek yoghurt for its thick and creamy texture. Put aside how delicious and versatile Greek yoghurt is and you have a deliciously nutritious ingredient as well. Packed full of protein, calcium, vitamins and minerals improving your overall health.
Greek yoghurt, when consumed daily can provide your body with vital nutrients such as protein, calcium, Iodine, and potassium. All while helping to keep you feeling fuller for longer on fewer calories. Yet perhaps most importantly, Greek yoghurt provides healthy bacteria for the digestive tract which can benefit your whole body!
So, how do I get more Greek yoghurt into my daily diet?
Greek yoghurt is a wonderfully versatile product! It’s thick and creamy texture lends itself to be used in sauces, dressings, smoothies, dolloped on top of granola, mixed into pasta, used in baking and as a substitute for other less nutritious ingredients such as mayonnaise and cream, the options are endless!
We have narrowed down a few of our favourite ways to incorporate Greek yoghurt into your daily diet:
- In recipes that require sour cream, such as pasta sauces and dressings – swap the sour cream for Greek yoghurt
- Use a dollop of Greek yoghurt on top of soups, chillies, and stews to give a creamy taste and texture
- Incorporate Greek yoghurt into your post workout snack, the ratio of carbs to protein is perfect to help your body recover form a good workout
- Add Greek yoghurt to a bowl full of chopped fruit for a snack or blitz for a delicious and creamy smoothie
- Incorporate Greek yoghurt into your favourite baking recipe to indulge in a delicious treat whilst still stocking up on a serve of nutritious goodness!
Adelaide Food Blogger Foodieling shows us her tangy and sweet Glazed Lemon Yoghurt Cake recipe served with thick and creamy Paris Creek Farms Organic Greek Style Plain or Vanilla Yoghurt, the ultimate treat!
Foodieling’s Glazed Lemon Yogurt Cake, Served with Greek Yoghurt
2/3 cup vegetable oil
2 tbsp grated lemon rind
4 tbsp lemon juice
1 1/4 cup sugar
2 cups plain flour
4 tsp baking powder
pinch of salt
For the Glaze:
1 tbsp lemon juice
1 tbsp plain yoghurt
1 3/4 cup icing sugar
1. Preheat oven to 160C fan forced
2. Grease a loaf tin or round cake tin with butter or line with baking paper.
3. Place vegetable oil, lemon juice, lemon rind, eggs, yoghurt and sugar in a bowl and mix till combined.
4. Sift flour and baking powder to wet mixture and add salt as well. Whisk until smooth
5. Pour batter into baking tin and bake for 50 minutes (or until it passes a skewer test).
6. Remove from pan and cool on rack. Make sure it is completely cool before glazing.
Place lemon juice, yoghurt and icing sugar in a bowl and whisk until smooth. The glaze should still be thick but drips slowly. Pour glaze over the middle of the cake and let it flow outwards and drip down. Let it cool and set before serving. Serve with more Paris Creek Farms Organic Greek Style Plain or Vanilla Yoghurt
Are you looking for creative recipe inspiration to enjoy with your delicious organic dairy products? If so, you might like some of our other articles:
 Health Benefits of Greek Yogurt, Healthline 2021
 What’s the advantage of eating 2 cups of Greek yogurt a day? Answered by Natalie Butler, RD, LD, Healthline 2021
 Intermountain Healthcare, It’s Greek to me: 5 easy ways to add Greek yogurt to your diet, Melodie Greenwood 2015